Monday, October 19, 2015

Social Awareness

Even when I was a kid, I already love to read.  I read newspapers and comic book.  Well, I won't feel ashamed if I tell you that I also read local comics like Pilipino, Espesyal and Aliwan. Haha. There's no need to be ashamed if it's a part of the Filipino culture. J


To all potential readers, especially to the Pinoy readers, I hope you still remember these thing from the past.  It used to be one of the Pinoy's favorite past times long before the evolution of the internet. J

Ok, going to the newspaper, as a kid, I used to skip everything except for one thing, the comic section. Well what do you expect from a kid? Ok, aside from the comic section, I look at the sports section.  At least,somehow I am aware of what's happening in the world of sports. Haha.

Moving forward, as I grew older I started to read majority of the sections.  However, I never fully appreciated the business section.  I don't even know what the PHISIX means, now known as the PSEI.  I don't know how the stock market works.  I have no idea how the business sector operates. I know nothing about investments.  Not even an idea on financial planning.  That's what I call financial illiteracy.  I will share something about this on my future posts.

Nowadays, I am gaining knowledge on proper financial planning and is now more aware on what's happening around me especially on the business sector.  A large part of the learning I got came from the internet.  It came from free materials which we can get from the web.  There's Bloomberg Philippines, ANC On the Money, etc.


          
       

There's a vast source of information that up to know still remains untapped.  Especially to us Filipinos. Statistics says that only <5% of the Filipinos knows how to invest.  Obviously, I wanted to be part of that 5%.  But honestly, I wanted that percentage to grow as the years go by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment